To support safe and efficient plant operations primarily through the development, direction and coordination of engineering projects which involve both mechanical and electrical components. Project will vary in size and scope with minimal guidance from the Plant Management. This position also provides technical assistance to Manufacturing Plant operations in the form of process improvement, cost reduction, safety enhancement, and efficiency.
1. Ensure manufacturing operations are conducted in a manner consistent with plant, corporate and regulatory Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements with utmost regard for employee well-being and Food Safety, including, but not limited to, active involvement in plant EHS teams, machine assessments, employee job assessments, and through engineering project work.
2. Actively involved in plant continuous/lean improvement initiatives,
3. Determines customers' needs by identifying problems, developing and evaluating solutions thereby defining project scope.
4. Establishes Project Team, facilitates and documents Project team meetings.
5. Establishes and manages plant annual capital budget.
6. Estimates cost necessary to accomplish scope with limited guidance from others.
7. Develops and communicates project schedule with limited guidance from others.
8. Develops, prepares and/or assembles the engineering package/project documentation for each assigned project. This includes designs, calculations, layouts, schematics, manuals, bid specifications, etc.
9. Provides the purchasing services for project materials required. This includes reviewing potential vendors, contacts with vendors, coordinating with the Purchasing Department, issuing purchase orders, some price negotiation, and expediting delivery.
10. Estimates cost necessary to accomplish scope with limited guidance from others.
11. Determines the materials required for each project. This includes reviewing potential vendors, contacts with vendors, issuing purchase requisitions, and expediting delivery when needed.
12. Manages project costs, project scheduling and supplying pertinent communication for multiple complex and wide-ranging engineering projects that may vary in terms of scope and responsibilities.
13. Completes Project Closeout and Post mortem Analysis for appropriate projects.
14. Provides project management training and support to develop skills of less-experienced members of plant engineering.
15. Communicates all appropriate information in a timely manner and fashion to the necessary people within and outside the organization.
16. Interfaces with people, departments, and/or companies to insure that equipment is made on schedule and to specification.
17. Coordinates or assists with installation, checkout, start-up and training as necessary.
18. Secures and maintains knowledge of current industry practices as they may apply to Mactac products and equipment.
19. Completes project documentation, as required.
20. Provides engineering support and troubleshooting to the plant when machine breakdown issues cannot be solved by maintenance and process engineering.
21. Provides oversight and assistance to the Maintenance Dept. (as assigned) to insure equipment improvement programs and initiatives are standardized.
22. Identifies potential areas of improvement for department and develops proposals for action plans.
23. Coordinates Engineering projects that could impact other Mactac facilities when required
- Strong communication and team skills necessary in working with equipment suppliers and contractors and in sharing project information with internal departments.
- Strong knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft software, including Word and Excel.
- Fluent in AutoCad to create and update plant drawings and equipment
- Strong organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills to effectively contribute to executing projects.
- Ability to work with manufacturing and non-manufacturing personnel. More importantly must be able to communicate, train and “sell” new approach and methods.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel to work with suppliers to evaluate, build and sign off on new equipment
- A BSEE or BSME degree.
- 8 or more years of experience in a manufacturing facility with a track record of successful projects that deliver on time savings
- Desired - focus on manufacturing processes that use continuous web to transport and build the product
- Has frequent contact with Research & Development (R&D), Manufacturing, Accounting, and Marketing personnel. Reasons for contact include, but are not limited to, product specifications, requirements and purchasing conditions are conveyed.
- Has frequent communications with entire plant management team with regards to engineering needs on machine and corrective actions.
Has frequent contact with machine manufacturers, equipment and component suppliers, external regulatory agencies, and technical service providers. Reasons for contact include, but are not limited to, product specifications, requirements and purchasing conditions are conveyed.
Responsible for providing support for Mactac manufacturing through the timely execution of capital projects with high quality and at the lowest possible cost. There is direct responsibility for major assets and operations as related to management of capital funds and developing solutions to production issues that achieve savings in waste, raw materials, etc. Projects assigned involve both mechanical and electrical engineering components accomplished in one of the major manufacturing processes- Extrusion, Coating and Laminating, Facilities or Finishing. The successful performance of these duties can impact considerably on waste reduction, quality improvement, increased plant profitability and customer relations.
VI. Essential Physical Requirements
This position requires an employee to stand, walk and sit; carry moderate loads and work at a computer for extended periods of time. Frequent exposure to a manufacturing environment with moderate noise levels and to outdoor elements is also required. Travel (occasionally with extended stays) to other sites may also be required as project assignments necessitate.
The above information on this position description is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Apply online Back to Jobs List
4560 Darrow Road
Stow, Ohio 44224