To utilize standard laboratory equipment and methods to perform laboratory testing of physical properties of various raw materials, compounds and coated products. Test results are used to compare against specifications, controls or developmental performance goals for standard production as well as trial materials. Work will follow prescribed test methods or explicit instructions with standard testing or processing equipment of moderate complexity in the preparation and evaluation of materials and products.
Generally requires management support and supervision to handle intermediate to difficult issues.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs routine laboratory tests to determine nature and physical properties of various raw materials, compounds, and coated products.
- Utilizes standard laboratory test equipment and methods sometimes modifying the equipment to meet special test requirements. Records test results in laboratory record book and prepare reports of data for interpretation by supervisor.
- Fabricates laboratory samples using standard or experimentally prepared compounds with web stocks as prescribed by supervisor.
- Assists with plant trials by testing samples in the lab during a trial run.
- Coordinates product sampling per SOP and internal sampling plans.
- Performs testing for verification of conformance to specifications and verification of correlation with on-line measurement equipment.
- Maintains lab measurement systems performance including calibration control programs and measurement systems performance appraisals.
- Evaluates lab measurement systems by reproduction and repetitive studies to identify measurement systems variation components.
- Performs additional testing in support of the Quality department, including claims assessment.
- Maintains clean equipment and work area and routinely assists in cleaning or servicing the laboratory.
- Adheres to the Laboratory Chemical Hygiene plan during all phases of work in the lab/plant.
- Reports results to internal personnel.
- Assists in writing and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as assigned.
- Works primarily on assigned shift, but may be required to work alternate shifts as needed to support the business needs.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned by supervisor.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact will all levels of personnel within MACtac.
- Working knowledge of personal computers (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Math skills with emphasis on measurable impact of mathematical calculations
- Ability to work independently
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Four year degree preferred with emphasis on Math and Chemistry highly desirable.
- 1 + years of experience. Industry related experience (i.e. coatings, structural adhesives, packaging adhesives, hot melt carton-sealing adhesives, plastics compounding) may be acceptable.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Frequent contact with various levels of MACtac personnel
- Minimal interaction with customers and vendors – demonstrational purposes only
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, bend and reach.
- Must be able to utilize all laboratory equipment (lab coaters, lab mixers, UV curing units, tensile tester, and shear tester to determine performance of PSAs.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Eye protection is mandatory in all laboratory and manufacturing environments.
NOTE: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply online Back to Jobs List
4560 Darrow Road
Stow, Ohio 44224