We are looking for a 2nd shift Team Leader who can manage personnel in the pressure sensitive manufacturing of high quality slit roll products in our finishing department. The Leader Motivates, trains, coaches, and provides support to employees. This position promotes an effective continuous improvement environment consistent with plant policies, procedures, and goals through training, motivation, and engagement of the production team. Leads and implements production and lean manufacturing projects, analyzes and recommends changes in technology, facilitates and/or leads cross-shift teams, identifies and overcomes organizational barriers, and assures performance metrics are obtained. A minimum of 2 - 5 years of professional experience with supervisory experience is preferred. Experience with web handling and pressure-sensitive labels, printing or paper industries is highly preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures that the slitter is producing quality product.
- Identifies each individual slit roll coming off the slitter with the proper pre-designated number; representing the web location.
- Ensures proper materials and machine settings are used.
- Communicates support needs of the machine center as required.
- Ensures all paperwork and data entry is completed accurately.
- Ensures crew is working toward optimum productivity and waste reduction capabilities.
- Effective communication skills to lead a department with minimal supervision.
- As needed, communicates with Finishing Manager upon completion of scheduled work.
- Monitors deviations in material and running conditions; makes corrections with crew assistance; and reports deviations to proper supervisor.
- Ensure all team members are following Safety, Environmental and Housekeeping standards and procedures.
- Performs and/or oversees a wide range of machine and equipment repair, alteration, moving and/or installation of regularly scheduled and preventative maintenance, machine overhaul, and other activities following established methods and procedures.
- Performs and participates in scheduled preventative maintenance as per the PM program.
- Maintains maintenance records of work performed, updating as required.
- Performs other duties as required, including assistance when shorthanded to step in an operate equipment and packaging.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED is required.
Minimum of 3 years of machine experience is required.
- Ability to use basic computer systemís hardware and software.
Ability to communicate verbally and in written form with all levels of plant personnel, engineers, electricians, mechanics, outside vendors, and Corporate EHS department.
Ability to perform basis math functions.
Eye, hearing, and foot protection is mandatory in the manufacturing and finishing areas.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply online Back to Jobs List
4560 Darrow Road
Stow, Ohio 44224