To provide technical assistance to Manufacturing Plant operations in the form of process improvement, cost reduction, safety enhancement, and efficiency. Responsibilities will include identifying and implementing process changes to improve yields, reduce costs, improve runtime, reduce downtime and improve quality for all products. This Engineer is involved in projects of a complex nature that has considerable impact on plant performance and costs.
- Identifies, develops, and manages process improvement projects specifically aimed at improving operational efficiencies (waste, productivity, costs). This includes the ongoing development and training of required methods and procedures.
- Trouble Shoots daily production and process problems, communicates with Maintenance Manager, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Supervisors and Operators regarding run problems, investigates root causes and recommends and implements corrective actions.
- Works in conjunction with manufacturing and maintenance personnel to ensure consistent operation of equipment to prescribed conditions, once developed. Identifies any/all of the following: set-up and run parameters; maintenance intervals; and/or material specifications.
- Develops supporting set up, run and change-over documentation and facilitates all training.
- Writes, performs, analyzes, and reports on validations to support process standardization.
- Develops project justifications, ROI analysis and proper project/capital requests consistent with company policy.
- Takes lead on management and implementation of safety initiatives. Always operates with safety considerations as paramount.
- Assists Manufacturing in preparing standard operating conditions with the appropriate input from the machine operators, supervisors and technical personnel.
- Determines the need for, and justifies capital projects such as source equipment and components by completing and routing Allocation for capital form.
- Assists Sales and Applications Development in the development of customer specifications.
- Acquires knowledge of procedures, work instructions, and associated forms as required by the Supervisor.
- Will be required to plan, execute, and document all major changes to the processing of raw materials used in operation.
- Responsible to accurately update documentation to reflect current operation procedures.
- Must assist maintenance in developing PM procedures.
- Leads projects to implement changes necessary for quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Strong mechanical/electrical and process knowledge understanding.
- Excellent working knowledge Microsoft Office with aptitude to use statistical methods.
- Knowledge and understanding of all Mactac manufacturing processes.
- Good communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member – including ability to effectively lead team initiatives.
- Willingness to work necessary shifts for training and project support purposes. Flexible and dedicated to owning responsibility.
- Ability to work with manufacturing and non-manufacturing personnel. More importantly must be able to communicate, train and “sell” new approach and methods.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage projects to meet performance, schedule, and cost objectives.
- Strong decision making and analytical problem solving skills with the ability to react quickly and logically to manufacturing challenges
- Strong mathematical skills with an emphasis on measurable impact of mathematical calculations.
- Bachelor’s degree Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Chemical Engineering required, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Additional education in Chemistry, preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Pressure sensitive or web-handling experience, preferred
- Lean manufacturing or six sigma certifications and/or training, preferred
- Regular contact with Mactac Operations personnel. May include contact with Sales, Technical Service, Applications Development, Production and Maintenance personnel.
- Some contact with Customers.
- The process engineer has responsibility for improving the utilization of our assets. In doing so ongoing cost of manufacturing are reduced.
VI. Essential Physical Requirements
20% of the time is spent sitting in an office environment. 80% would be spent walking and working in the manufacturing area. Will be subjected to noise, odor, and environmental conditions that are common in the manufacturing environment. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment is required and provided. Limited travel may be required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply online Back to Jobs List
4560 Darrow Road
Stow, Ohio 44224