The person will be required to identify and implement process changes to improve yields, reduce costs, improve runtime, reduce downtime and improve quality for all products. The Process Engineer must work effectively with the Maintenance personnel, Team Leaders, Research & Development Chemists, Project Engineers and the Department Manager to accomplish plant goals.
- Responsible for overall process performance of assigned assets – including key metric tracking and corrective action development and execution to meet OEE goals.
- Reviews daily production exceptions and takes initiative to work directly with production/team leads, team members, technical staff, and management to develop plans to resolve issues and drive continuous improvement.
- Serves as a technical resource to production for identifying sources of variability related to safety, quality, delivery, and cost (SQDC) and implementing corrective actions.
- Conducts trials to improve yields, reduce costs, improve runtime, improve quality, and scale-up products.
- Maintains, modifies, and communicates equipment settings (recipes) for all products.
- Plans, executes, and documents all major changes to the processing of raw materials used in operation.
- Accurately updates documentation to reflect current operating procedures.
- Ensures manufacturing equipment is operated in a safe manner.
- Assists maintenance and operations in developing preventative maintenance procedures and ensures applicable preventative maintenance procedures are written and trained based on process or equipment changes.
- Effectively communicates with customers (both internal and external) to improve products and to resolve issues that inhibit high quality, high speed output.
- Investigates claims to root cause and develops and executes corrective actions to eliminate recurrence.
- Supports and enforces site and department safety goals. This is to include involvement in accident investigations, housekeeping audits and completion of corrective actions.
- Ability to work independently and as a participative team player and be self-directed to complete all assigned duties.
- Leads projects and project teams – including Kaizen events and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: B.S.M.E. Degree, B.S. Chem. E. Degree, B.S. Industrial E. Degree, or, non-degree with 10 or more years applicable work experience in a Process Engineer role.
- Analytical Problem Solving: Able to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis of problem and evaluation of alternate solutions; use logic, mathematics, or other problem solving tools in data analysis or in generating solutions.
- Initiative: Must be a highly motivated individual willing to get involved hands-on at the line to understand issues and develop ideas for improvement. Individual must be able and willing to learn how to operate equipment, repair / troubleshoot equipment alongside maintenance or technical staff, and confidently convey findings, solutions, and status reports to management.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Leadership and Team Work: Able to complete projects by facilitating effective teamwork and empowering employees to understand, own, and control the process.
- Goal Setting: Able to define and prioritize realistic, specific goals and objectives.
- Professionalism: Able to maintain professionalism while dealing with frequent change, delays, unexpected events or time demands.
- Commitment to Tasks: Able to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency.
- Must have the ability to develop a strong working knowledge of E2000, Wonderware, Cognos, and other computer systems that support the production system. Individual must have experience working with Microsoft excel to analyze data, including the use of pivot tables for pareto.
- Experience: Desire at least four (4) years experience as a Process or Industrial Engineer in a Manufacturing environment.
IV. Language Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to use computers to do word processing and spreadsheets is required.
V. Mathematical Skills
- Ability to perform various math functions, with emphasis on measurable impact of mathematical calculations.
VI. Work Environment
- The person in this position normally works in a manufacturing environment with a significant amount of time spent in the manufacturing facility. Hearing, eye and foot protection are mandatory in the manufacturing area.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply online Back to Jobs List
4560 Darrow Road
Stow, Ohio 44224