Operate the Coating process through thorough understanding of back and front ends of Coater and emulsion coating processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
· Perform all required quality control testing at the machine and make decisions to change process per results.
· Produce the product on the shop order within process specifications.
· Report all required information into the computer in order to relieve inventories properly.
· Clean the machine and area, including unloading trash baskets located by coater, as required to maintain a superior level of cleanliness.
· Participate in in-process preventive maintenance.
· Perform all required machine preventive maintenance tasks as required by the maintenance department.
· Assume responsibility for the operation of the entire machine while running.
· Load face and backing material into machine, assure correct raw material is run per the order.
· Compound adhesive release, topcoat and primer for the coater per the process specification.
· Unload tankers of adhesive and perform QA testing per specifications.
· Operate forklift and RF gun to move material around machine.
· Remove finished roll from the coater and pack for in-process warehouse orders.
· Perform cycle counts on chemicals and compounds.
· Ability to perform and understand all positions on the Coater to meet production requirements.
· Perform all duties that may be required as assigned by supervisor.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School Degree or equivalence mandatory.
· Must be able to operate E-2000 computer systems after training.
· Ability to read, write and follow instructions.
· Ability to use and/or read a tape measure, gloss meter, RF gun, Dye pens, razor knife, coat-weight measurement equipment and scales.
· Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company.
· Majority of time spent as a Coater Operator in the Coating Department area. Eye, ear, and foot protection is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply online Back to Jobs List
4560 Darrow Road
Stow, Ohio 44224