· Awareness of and Adherence to all Corporate & Site Environmental, Health & Safety policies & procedures.
· Performs a wide range of machine and equipment repair, alteration, moving and/or installation of regularly scheduled and preventative maintenance, machine overhaul, machining, plumbing, welding and other activities following established methods and procedures.
· Works from work orders, specifications, drawings, sketches, diagrams, schematics, verbal and /or written instructions and other information necessary bench, machine and hand operations to repair, alter, re-condition and replace machines.
· Performs scheduled or preventive maintenance as per the PM Program.
· Determines extent of repairs on machine breakdowns and initiates repairs.
· Performs necessary pipe work, welding, brazing, and burning as needed.
· Detects and reports defective material, faulty operations and unusual conditions. See that equipment and work area are maintained in a clean and orderly condition, that prescribed safety regulations and precautions are followed.
· Maintains records of work performed, updates prints and documents as required.
· Interacts with outside contractors and vendors as required.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Must possess considerable communication skills, both oral and written, to successfully interact with Management, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Planning, Purchasing, and other functional groups as required.
· Must possess ability to work as an individual or part of a team.
· Must possess the ability to analyze, problem solve, and generate new ideas.
· Proven ability to achieve results through teams and perform effectively in a diverse work group.
· High School diploma and 5-7 years industrial mechanic experience or Trade School Certification and 3-5 years industrial mechanic experience required.
· Must possess computer skills and paper work associated with this position Work Order Management.
· Practical experience in welding, brazing, fabrication, machine layout, rigging, equipment alignment, hydraulics, pneumatics, schematic reading, lubrication, pipe fitting and metal cutting is required.
· Must have the ability to multi-task and deal with deadlines.
Essential Physical Requirements
This position requires frequent exposure to a manufacturing environment with moderate noise levels. An employee will be required to stand, walk and sit with limited time spent in the office. Potential to be exposed to heights. Hearing, eye and foot protection are mandatory when entering the manufacturing and maintenance areas. Flexible hours may be required to accommodate meetings with team members on off shifts. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer
To be considered, please apply at: www.cwds.state.pa.us, or in person at: PA Career Link-Lackawanna County 135 Franklin Avenue, Scranton, PA 18503. Job Posting # 2507922-Entry Level Helper.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Apply online Back to Jobs List
4560 Darrow Road
Stow, Ohio 44224