The openings are for 2nd shift and a Split Shift (11AM - 7PM)
Material Handler/Pick Pack person is primarily responsible for the effective operation of the logistics system. Duties will include all material handling responsibilities internal to the facility (moving raw material to the machines, removing finished materials for shipping, etc.) This person may rotate through Warehouse B, Warehouse C, Pick Pack, and EPP on a daily basis.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
· Must be forklift qualified and able to pass the Macac forklift-licensing program.
· Must be able to perform preventative maintenance and safety checks on forklift
· Must be able to pick orders independently with accuracy and efficiency.
· Must pack orders accurately and efficiently.
· Must be able to effectively communicate to carriers, CSR’s and management
· Familiar with PC based computer systems and RF systems.
· Must be able to use various forklift attachments safely and efficiently.
· Must learn and be able to efficiently operate all FedEx/UPS equipment
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis for an extended period of time.
· Perform all functions normally assigned to Material Handlers.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
· Assist the supervisor in locating inventory, as necessary and assist with inventory.
· Assist with location audit and maintenance.
· Must be willing and able to cross-train and perform all task within the EPP operation
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School Degree mandatory.
· Two years or more forklift experience recommended.
· Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company.
· Ability to perform various math functions, with emphasis on measurable impact of mathematical calculations.
· Majority of time spent as a material handler in the warehouse and/or Production area. Eye, ear, and foot protection is mandatory in the manufacturing and warehouse areas.
· Dock work is required throughout the job process.
· Physically demanding job requiring several hours a day working with material with various weights and sizes.
· Job may consist of spending several hours on material handling equipment moving material from dock to inventory, and from inventory to packaging.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply online Back to Jobs List
4560 Darrow Road
Stow, Ohio 44224