Introduction: We have an exceptional opening for a Human Resources Director for Mactac Americas, headquartered in Stow, Ohio. First and foremost, we are seeking a business manager who is interested in making the company continually better including employees, processes, leadership, results, etc. We are also seeking someone who will partner with the Executive Leadership Team to drive our Company Values of ethics, customer service, teamwork, and continuous improvement.
Mactac is a leading manufacturer of pressure sensitive adhesive products worldwide. Our products are used in a wide range of industries including label printing, graphic design, packaging, digital imaging, retail display, fleet graphics, assembly engineering, automotive assembly, and medical device assembly. Please check out our website (www.mactac.com) for more information and links to our social media pages, as well.
Overview: The Human Resources Director (HR Director) is responsible for directing all aspects of the human resources functions for Mactac Americas with company-wide objectives and policies. This individual is responsible for core human resources functions including, but not limited to: employment (including recruiting and staffing, payroll, compensation and benefits), Human Resources Information System (HRIS), performance management, employee relations, workers' compensation, policy administration, diversity and retention, compliance, immigration, and labor. The HR Director serves as a consultant to the management team on human resources related issues, acts as a change agent, assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, and seeks to develop integrated solutions.
Business Scope: Mactac Americas includes about 500 employees spread over 8 locations, mainly in the US, but some are in Canada and Mexico. The employee population is mainly non-union; however, there are some small unionized populations in the US and in Mexico. The Mactac Americas HR Team that is led by the HR Director, consists of about 3 total employees at the headquarters in Stow, Ohio and 5 total employees in the field at manufacturing locations (Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Mexico).
Manages the Human Resources staff to achieve Company goals. Oversees workloads and staff assignments; trains, motivates and evaluates assigned staff, and reviews progress and directs changes as needed.
- Participates on the Executive Leadership Team on the setting of business goals and strategies. Also, provides consultation to Executive Leadership Team and other managers on human resources and staff development issues.
- Provides leadership and direction in the development of short and long range plans; gathers, interprets, and prepares data for reports and recommendations; coordinates department activities with other departments as needed.
- Interprets and communicates Company policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with international, federal and state laws, such as ADA, FLSA, FMLA and EEO/AAP.
- Works with the Benefits and Compensation Manager to coordinate and execute Company benefits, payroll, job descriptions, job grades, and bonus plans.
- Coaches and advises managers regarding policies, procedure, work-related conflicts, disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans, terminations, and legal guidelines. Conducts internal investigations on employment issues, such as harassment charges, internet violations, etc.
- Oversees personnel records management.
- Manages the Performance Management process. Analyzes compensation with the Benefits and Compensation Manager, makes salary and bonuses determinations, and works with the staff as part of the overall process.
- Manages and coordinates the recruitment and orientation processes with the corporate recruitment staff, which includes exempt and non-exempt staff recruiting, sourcing, and interviewing. Gives guidance and oversees hourly staffing and orientation processes with the field HR Teams.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Manages the exit process for personnel. This process includes processing relevant paperwork and conducting exit interviews.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate on human resources matters. Works with Company immigration attorneys to resolve VISA issues, including petitioning for H1b VISAs, green cards, and other visas. Works with legal counsel to represent the Company on personnel matters before government agencies and in personnel related legal matters.
- Develops and implements with the team, employee recognition programs, communication calendars, and employee events.
- Monitors expenditures for Human Resources Department to assure control.
- Other duties as assigned or identified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Communications, or other related field
- 5+ years of HR Management Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and experience working with HRIS systems
- Broad knowledge and experience of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, federal and state employment law, performance management, organizational planning, diversity, organizational development, employee relations, safety, and training development.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in HR in countries outside of the US (specifically Canada and Mexico)
- MBA Degree
- Professional Human Resources (PHR), or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification OR SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification
- Strategic Thinking
- Ethical Conduct
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
- Communications Proficiency
- Human Resources Capacity
- Management Responsibility
- Presentation Skills
IV. Language Skills
Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to use computers to do word processing and spreadsheets is required.
V. Essential Physical Requirements
A large percentage of working hours are spent in an office environment with occasional visits to operating plants or warehouses. Travel 15-20% of the time mainly within the US, but some international travel may be required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply online Back to Jobs List
4560 Darrow Road
Stow, Ohio 44224